This is a super tasty soup, with great texture, perfect for the cooler autumn evenings. And it is quite filling, too!
Sweet potatoes are a superfood, full of some antioxidants such as beta-carotene and anthocyanins, that are associated with good health and longevity.
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 leeks, sliced
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, cubed
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 pinch of paprika
- Salt to taste
- Soya cream or crème fraiche and fresh coriander, to serve
- Cook the diced onion, leek, garlic and sweet potatoes in the vegetable stock.
- Add bay leave and paprika.
- Simmer for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove the bay leave and blend.
- Serve with a dab of soya cream or crème fraiche and fresh coriander.
- Enjoy it with some whole-grain bread.