There’s nothing like a roasted root veggies dish. They’re very nutritious and have plenty of vitamin A and C to keep your immune system strong. Here is an easy recipe for a roasted vegetables dish that I include in my 5-Day Detox as a side dish to be served alongside any meal.
- 1 sweet potato, peeled
- 4 carrots, peeled or scrubbed
- 3 potatoes
- 3 parsnips, peeled
- Garlic powder
- Mixed herbs or your favourite spices
- 2 TB olive oil
You can substitute these for any other veg you like, such as beet, turnip…
- Preheat your oven to 190-200ºC.
- Cut all vegetables into bite-sized pieces, aiming for relatively equal sizes to allow for even cooking.
- Place veggies in one layer on a roasting dish. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle sea salt, garlic powder and mixed herbs or spices on top, then toss to combine.
- Roast for 30-45 minutes, depending on how big the pieces are. You’ll know your veggies are done when they are fork-tender, meaning you can easily pierce a piece with a fork. Be sure to toss the veggies at least once when roasting – I usually toss them a couple of times.
- You can cook a larger quantity of vegetables and store them in a glass container with a tight-fitting lid in the fridge for 3-4 days. Gently re-heat them on the stovetop with a little bit of oil over medium heat.